- Set up your marketing goal. The more specific, the better. Generally, there are 3 goals that every campaign will achieve: brand awareness, sales lead acquisition, and customer rotation. Most of campaigns will have at least two goals for each campaign. Do not try to want everything if you don’t have enough budget and strong support. It decides that how we make the strategy and split the budget for different milestones.
- Evaluate your product advantages, brand power and online resources. Most of western brands are very confident in the beginning about the future with one notion that Chinese customers will definitely buy my products because my products are very good. Never take it for granted. Walking into any super market in Shanghai, you will find countless “good products” in the shelves imported from all over the world. Why should I buy yours? so now, you need to cool down and evaluate what stories you have on the hand to tell, and also think about if the customers would like to listen. I witnessed a lot of failure because of arrogance and wrong misjudging.
- Define the targeting audience clearly. Who are they, male or female, age, millionaires or middle-class, factory manager or ender users, etc. It is very necessary to draw a demographic for your customers and try best to narrow the group range. Precision marketing is the mainstreaming form because none of us would like to spend a penny on someone who may have low percentage of buying our products in the next 6 months. Any company may fall after 3 months.
- Find your audience. First of all, figure out where they are and what they like. Then, try using search engine marketing, SEO, social media, Email, video, paid advertisement, exhibition, and so on, to reach them and catch attention. It does not mean we need to do everything, but pick out those solutions that are most targeted precisely and possible to reach customer closer.
- Prepare marketing materials and build the platform. Marketing campaign should be warm and useful. Good content will always grasp people. Landing page, website, social media profile, articles, report, infographic, images, videos, audios, triple-folds, e-Book, etc.
- Choose platforms to contribute efforts. PPC ads, social media campaign, KOL, e-Commerce, video platforms, NewsFeed ads, press release, etc. based on your budget.
- Test, assessment and optimization to campaigns. Find which one contributes more than others, and keep investing good-output one and abandon bad-performing one.
One important creed, Do in Rome as Rome does. Localization is the key.