After graduation from English literature major, I joined an online fashion e-commerce company as content creator. My main work was to write SEO oriental fashion blogs in English everyday. Vogue, Elle, Marrie Claire were my favorite magazines. I wrote hundreds of articles about fashion in one and half of year.
This experience played a very important role in my digital marketing business career. I was trained very comprehensively on Google SEO skills, Google AdWords, social media like Facebook, content marketing strategy, e-Commerce operation, etc.
Online English training project
I joined a new project in 2010, online English teaching between native English speaker with ESL certification and Chinese English learners, which was one of the most popular and ventured capital-preferred projects in China. My previous company invested almost 20 million RMB to build global start-up team (Shanghai, Tokyo, London), develop online education technology, marketing campaign. I worked for this project from initial stage to the end, played different roles from website builder, product manager, online marketing manager, to sales manager from 2010 to 2014. Unfortunately, the project was closed due to fierce competition. we could not afford so heavy online advertising budget. Our brand English24hours became a memory. One more to cheer up, I learnt and practiced a lot of experience on digital marketing, SEO, SEM, social media, blogging, traffic solution, paid advertising, video production, email marketing, etc .
Working as online marketing manager in UK company
– Assist UK team to handle digital marketing mainly in China market and provide possible support for global team.
– Improve brand awareness via social media on Weibo, wechat, Q-zone, Renren, and blogs with long-term strategy.
– Implement Baidu PPC campaign and online advertising campaign to get solid sale leads.
– Prompt CN official website on search engines with SEO skills to drive traffic.
– Organize monthly EDM (Dotmailer) campaign and manage CRM.
– Monitor and enhance distributors’ online marketing performance.
– Cooperate with PR agent to publish press release.
– Build brand community via industrial forum, directory, Q&A, WIKI, documents, etc.
– Liaising with agency partners to effect the above.
– Report to VP and global marketing manager.
Working as digital marketing manager for Singapore company
1. Design, implement and manage online marketing programs focusing on building awareness and customer acquisition in education and fashion area.
2. Manage SEO and SEM projects and budget Manage weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately.
3. Devise and manage social media programs and work with internal stakeholders on developing and implementing social media strategy.
4. Create feature specification processes for changes to the website and other online projects.
5. Develop and manage metrics and budgets; understand and implement coding schemes for tracking purposes.
6. Propose new marketing program ideas and then secure support from internal and external stakeholders to fund and execute these programs.
7. Lead the team in coordinating consistent user experiences and brand presence across all internet presences.
8. Analyze and report program performance; provide results and recommendations for improvement and new programs.
9. Effectively manage outside partnerships to maximize ROI on program investment.
10. Leverage a “test, measure and refine” approach to constantly improve program results and increase the impact of online marketing on revenue and profitability.
11. Work with Product Marketing, Marketing Communications and Sales to develop and execute highly effective direct response programs to significantly increase inbound lead flow and pipeline generation.
12. Manage weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for management’s attention and report metrics appropriately.
13. Drive revenue on websites, online and social media platforms for customer acquisition.
From August 2016, I formed my own digital marketing studio in Shanghai and registered standard company. Previous clients supported me a lot on project cooperation and business development. Any big business came from small startup. In my team, there are programmer, web and graphic designer, content writer, English translator, SEM specialist, SEO specialist, social media specialist. All of us work and live in a very flat but vibrant environment. Our spirit and enthusiasm pass to my clients during all kinds of cases.